YDL 4.0 boot problem

Leonard Blaisdell leo at greatbasin.com
Thu Oct 21 11:05:28 MDT 2004

>In case anyone cares, I was able to solve this by changing my partitions
>to ext2. Apparently yaboot does not work with ext3 boot partitions. That's
>a shame, as I would liked to have had them all ext3, but this works.

I might care. I got the bare bones release on CD over a year ago. I
was never able to get it to compile off the CD, although the CD
appeared to work fine. A particular error message I received got one
hit on Google which seemed to indicate the the Install Disc might be
corrupt. I gave up after a while. Wish I could remember what that
error message was. I'll give it another shot.

leo