Nsswitch and Pam.d problem

B1smooth b1smooth at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 11:45:42 MDT 2004

I changed my authentication scheme via authentication gui to include
LDAP and maybe SMB(can't remember). I rebooted Ydl and I was unable to
login as root or any users. I downloaded ext2 support for osx, mounted
my root partition and edited my nsswitch.conf file.  I removed all
instances of ldap and nis from the
file to look like

passwd: files
group:   files
shadow: files

I even changed the public_key to files.
  I still can't get into my YDL 3.0.1 distro. Do I need to edit something
in my pam.d folder? Anyone have any other suggestions...I have full
access to my root partition in 10.3.
A healthy diet  includes Linux, Linux, and more Linux.