YDL As A Paging Gateway

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:20:26 -0400

I'm trying to turn an old 7200 into a paging/sentry machine to monitor
the servers on my network. It looks like Nagios is going to be the
sentry software I'm going to try, but I'm having a lot of problems
getting any paging software to run. So far I've tried qpage and
sendpage. Both packages have been compiled from source.

Connectivity to the modem is fine. I can do a 'echo ATDT5555555 >
/dev/ttyS0' and I can see and hear the modem dial. When I configure
qpage to use this device, it hangs with a "getpacket() buffer is
full!" message and never starts to dial. When I try it with sendpage I
get "Cannot initialize modem 'suprafax'".

Has anyone had any luck with any paging package? If so, which one(s)
and was there anything specific you had to do to get them to work.

Thanks!

-ken