Compatible PCI IDE cards for Blue White G3

Marc yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 06:26:20 +0200

Hi,

I have a rev A BW 400Mhz.  This means I cannot install
linux/os X without problems.  It seems best to use a PCI-IDE
card in a PCI slot.  Yesterday I got such a card from the PC
world, but it didn't work ... (it had the ITE chip on it, and
some dip switches the vendor didn't remember what they
mean...)  The bus slot of this pc card was smaller than
the 3 slots in the BW (it was maybe a 66Mhz card?  I replaced
the mopnitor card with it, no go...

Is there a list with compatible IDE cards?
(with os x as well as linux...)

I could use a scsi card too, compatability list?

Marc