MOL for YDL 4

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
03 Sep 2004 12:46:19 -0400

Dear Ryan:
You want to show your students something hot; show them "Graphing
Calculator" which works in OS 9; it is being reborn in Tiger!

Play with it a bit and you'll have more than enough material to work
with.  That little sucker can handle not only 2D planes but 3D and
animation of hyperdimensional objects!! It laughs at Julia Sets and the
program which is part of OS 9 is a demo!!  NOT EVEN THEIR FULL PRODUCT!!

I'm trying to assuage your misery with a bit of ice cream here, but as
usual the early wisdom so popular in the US' early years remain true
today.  For every Itch there is a Scratch and the Devil's ALWAYS in the
DETAILS.

You may be able to match your kernel with the mol packages but my
current experience has shown me more times than I care to admit, that if
that works then something else essential goes...like my ethernet or
firewire modules all of sudden can't be found.

I got my YDL 3.0 kernel-2.4.20-8d supporting everything I need together
with firewalls.  I'm staying put.  Don't let this ruin your week-end.
You can still demonstrate xine or gnuplot in YDL; of the two xine with
the gloom audio-visualizer active is a thing to behold!  Put any music
in, choose your interface and you and your students will be stunned!

The Gimp is great; if you can figure it out.  Blender(www.blender.org)
is just outstanding for engineers, chemistry, physics and artists.  An
outstanding multiplayer game in YDL is bzflag (www.bzflag.org).

I kid you not...play with xine this weekend.