GAIM 0.82

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 08:47:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Olaf Olson wrote:

Please stop advising users to build and install packages this way.
This is the second time a see advises to build from source on this list.
Building and installing from source on an RPM based system is BAD !!
You will get in deep shit if you don't know exactly what you are doing.
Try to tell people how they should rebuild a newer RPM for ydl3. That aint
so hard.. Get a prebuild RPM from freshrpms .. or, if it is not there
(yet), get the fedora-core /fedora/development/SRPMS/gaim-0.82.1-2.src.rpm
and rebuild it ...

Eddie