Semi newbie question

David Chart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 09:51:39 +0900

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 wrote:

> What's the best way to share an osx partition while running ydl?  The
> machine is a B&W G3 400 Mhz, 80Gb HD, 896 Mb RAM running ydl 3.0.1 and
> os 10.3.5.  Here is the line I'm using in my fstab file to mount the
> partition:
>
> /dev/hda10 /home/doug/osx hfs defaults 0 0
>
> It doesn't produce the results I was hoping for.  I basically want to be
> able to share files between ydl and osx.

The OSX partition is HFS+, right? You'll need to enable HFS+ support in
the kernel. The instructions are on the YDL website -- it's supposed to
be easy in 3.0.1. (I've never done it, because I keep a separate 1 gig
HFS partition for moving files. On occasion, that empty partition, which
can be wiped and used for other things without damaging my system, has
been a life-saver.)

--
David Chart
http://www.davidchart.com/