File Decodes (rar)

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:02:04 +0200

Irena and Richard Jenkins wrote :

> Please: is there a decoder for 'rar' files which I have received on my
> YDL machine?  If you can point me towards a program which will render
> them ... please advise.  I may have to go back to the mac side of this
> machine.

I'm not sure why everyone else seems to be looking for a more complicated
solution... just download the ppc rpm package from here (you can also find
it by entering "unrar" on http://rpmfind.net/ or http://rpm.pbone.net/) :

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/yellowdog/3.0/unrar/

Install it and run "unrar x <archive name>" to uncompress an archive to the
current working directory. For me in Fedora Core 2 (not sure about YDL3,
but YDL4 should be the same), the graphical file-roller application is then
able to open .rar files directly by clicking on them in nautilus.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.521
Load : 0.60 0.57 0.65