Getting X to work on a iBook G4 1.2Ghz

Andrew Zschtzsche yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:41:11 -0500

Thanks, your last email made things more clear.  Before this, I thought
that you upgraded the x server, then to get 3D, upgraded the kernel later.

Currently I'm trying to get upgrade the kernel via rpm.  Sadly it's
going slow, as I have to solve depenancies for depenancies.  I orginally
tried the directions on the site you sent me to, but the make broke
halfway and I was left with an unbooting machine.

This is probably all futile, since I'm just gonna up to YDL 4.0 right
away, and that should be any day now...

Andy