Can't boot into Fedora. Help!!

Rene Salmon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:07:12 -0500

Hi,

Try this

1) boot off the fedora install cd you used to install and at the boot prompt
type

boot: mac rescue

2)after you boot from the CD and you get a shell type

>chroot /mnt/sysimage

3)now all you need to do is something like this

ln -s /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.xxxx /boot/vmlinuz

then edit your /etc/yaboot.conf file and make sure you are booting
the right partition.

if you make any changes to /etc/yaboot.conf the run
>ybin

All this is explained in detail with nice tables and all  on
http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html

on that page just follow steps 13-to the end.

hope it helps
Rene

-
--