Linux Base

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:36:21 -0400

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 11:30, Ed Sutherland wrote:

> Anyone hear the announcement that the differing Linux distributions are
> signing onto the plan creating a base for Linux installations and
> development? Linux Standard Base 2.0 supposedly will help developers create
> open source software that can run on any Linux distro. A step in the right
> direction, I think.

And so I do!

>  (Now, if they can only standardize on one desktop
> environment...)

...not my wish :) We, humans are all different yet similiar. One and
only one environment for us all is a no-go.... Some like cool weather
while some others like it hot. Some like FR cars, some like FF. Some
like CLI, some like GUI..and so on.. As I see it, a 'standard' really is
just a general guideline one shall not ignore or drive away from. I'd
say they (developers) should standardize Linux's CONTENT not the
CONTAINER.

 'Standards' as 'wireframes'?