Mach64 problem

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:56:13 +0000

Hello,

I've got an old G3 beige (rev A motherboard). There is an apple video
connector at the back but a taiwanese ATI based graphic card in a pci slot
that was identified by MacOS as a Rage I/II and supposed to be an ATI Mach64
GT - there is nothing on the card to give more info.

I tried to install YDL 3.01 and the basic install went well. However, the
graphic card was identified as a Trident Cyberblade (?!). I tried this, it
does not work.
Xautoconfig manages to create a frame buffer config that works, but with
totaly starnge colours and ugly look.

Has anyone got information about a working X config? I assume this card was
installed in other machines at the time but I don't know. I googled for this
but it brought me little results.

Thanks,

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein