YDL4 freshrpms.net packages

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:54:03 +0200

Hi,

I've finally rebuilt most of my packages for Yellow Dog Linux 4.0. They're
easily accessible through yum by simply adding :

[freshrpms]
name=Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms
gpgcheck=1

...and if you keep the gpgcheck line, just run :
rpm --import http://freshrpms.net/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt

The repository is also enabled with the new metadata used by yum 2.1.x, and
also through apt/synaptic with :

rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net yellowdog/4.0/ppc freshrpms

Obviously, there are no main YDL 4.0 files yet, and if any libraries change
in the final version, all affected packages will be rebuilt.

Last, some packages are still missing, most because of ppc specific
compilation errors, and unfortunately this affects mplayer, xine and
videolan-client... the only currently available fully-featured video player
being totem built with xine-lib. If anyone wants to help out debugging
these problems, please feel free to simply grab the source packages I have
for Fedora Core 2 and debug/patch from there.

Browseable package tree here for the curious :
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/yellowdog/4.0/

Have fun!
Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.521
Load : 0.32 1.33 1.48