YDL4 freshrpms.net packages

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
17 Sep 2004 15:27:50 -0400

I think it would be a good idea to give a "Heads up" on this list and
notify those who may be interested that iptables are completely replaced
in higher level kernels with a new technology.  As I'm currently staying
pat with the standard YDL 3.0 kernel which works with everything on my
BootX based system I'm obviously not the candidate for testing what the
new firewalls may consist of or even how to implement them.

I'm not sure how many are aware just how different the newer kernels are
and how differently they implement devices and firewalls.  As always
there remains the disparity of what the designers know, think they know
and what everyone else believes desginers should know regarding systems
which users have which may not have been conceived of by any designer.