Bonehead move!

GDB-B&W-X.3.5 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 24 19:22:34 MDT 2004

During my quest to install YDL 3.0.1 on my iMac, I have managed to mess
up my fstab file.  I was making the changes needed to allow use of my
server drives and managed to copy the wrong fstab file the the /etc
directory.  Now when I try to boot I get an error stating the filesystem
cannot be found on /dev/hda13.  No kidding, that's because it's on
/dev/hda10!  As long as I've been using Linux, I've never had a
situation like this before.  I can input my root password and see the
files, but am unable to copy the correct fstab file back to the location
it needs to be because of the read-only status.  Is there a way to get
the ability to copy the file to it's correct location?

Just a message from Doug...