gimp

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Mon Sep 27 17:31:03 MDT 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 13:05, Jim Ricken wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to add text to a picture with gimp?
> I can type in my text in the dialog window,but what happens next?
> Do you have to add another layer to the image or what?
> Thanks
> Jim

This may depend on the version. With Gimp 2.0, choose the text tool, choose
your text font and colour, click on the picture.
You can type your text in the text box, then click the close button. Gimp 2.0
automagicaly creates the text on a new layer.

With previous versions, I think I remember it was better to add a transparent
layer to put the text on, so you could modify it later without changing the
picture itself.

There is a Gimp manual. It is worth reading.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein