MOL - Mac on LInux

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:11:17 MDT 2004

Well, I tried to get MOL running without any success. The built-in version
wasn't happy (the kernel module for MOL was nearly the same version as the
kernel except with SMP appended). The -a flag wasn't enough to get startmol
running.

Downloading MOL from the maconlinux site was an exercise in futility. The
RPM wouldn't install and building it from scratch also wasn't working. I
also lack rpmbuild which I can't seem to get from yum.

Well, time for bed. Any thoughts people?

I'm also wondering what is the best choice for Linux on a Mac? Is Debian
perhaps a better choice since it seems MOL is built for it (which to me
would suggest it's the more common install?)? Or is YDL the easiest and/or
most stable of all the Linuxes out there?

Thanks, Eric.