Automounting an afp (AppleTalk) server in OS X after sleep/disconnect

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:39:21 MDT 2005

This is something that's been bugging me for a while now (ever since I
started using iTunes with an iPod shuffle & I have my iTunes library
stored on my YDL server rather than on my laptop (why waste 2 GB of
precious space when I don't use it that much anyway... my CDs have now
been relegated to the closet... I love the shuffle :-).

I connect to my server via afp (netatalk 1.6.4). What happens is that
when I sleep the computer it won't automagically reconnect. Is it
possible to have OS X auto-reconnect to a server on wake?

Eric.