Weekly announcment for

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at morris.umn.edu
Thu Apr 7 08:19:18 MDT 2005

Ahh, I have been corrected. ;)

I'd have to try a RPM from Fedora's 3.90 testing build, as that has
Gnome 2.10 beta.  If that doesn't work, I'm out; I'd have no idea as to
what goes where.

--Andy

On Apr 7, 2005, at 8:56 AM, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:

> Answer:
>
> 	rpm -ql mozilla-devel
>
> If you wish to build any other application that is based upon firefox,
> e.g. epiphany-1.6, you will need the firefox equivalents of the include
> files, libraries, etc. listed above. The current "stable" branch of
> GNOME, 2.10.0.x, uses now uses firefox rather than mozilla.
>
> The mozilla install on YDL contains:
>
>         mozilla-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-chat-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-devel-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-dom-inspector-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-js-debugger-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-mail-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-nspr-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-nspr-devel-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-nss-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>         mozilla-nss-devel-1.7.3-2.ydl.1
>

> You should carefully review this list and decide which of these are
> relevant to creating a developer environment for firefox.
>
> -Joseph

> ===========
>
> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 01:32, Richard June wrote:
>> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 08:27, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
>>> It would be useful if there were also a firefox-devel, just like
>>> mozilla-devel.
>> Uhm, what would you want in firefox-devel?
> --
> joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net

Andrew Zschetzsche
University of Minnesota, Morris
zsche004 at morris.umn.edu
aim: zsche004
msn: zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu

America's Best Public Liberal Arts College.

--The best answer to a problem with multiple solutions is often the
simplest one.

"One of the best things you can do to improve your life is to quit"
   -- Actual pull quote from the University Register