Garnome 2.8.2

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 15:35:55 MDT 2005

I have...  Kindly scan the YDL General Discussion List archive for
details.

You should build garnome-2.10.0.1, the currently "stable" release. There
is no good reason to retreat to 2.8.x. You will still need DBUS & HAL
for any version above 2.6.x.

* Carefully read the garnome README

* modify gar.conf.mk to install under /opt/garnome

* cd bootstrap
* cd dbus
	 make install

* cd ../hal
	 make install

* cd ../../desktop
	 make paranoid-install

You are off and running...

-Joseph

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 12:19, Dean Loros wrote:
> Has anyone used the Garnome 2.8 installer?? I tried to build 2.10 & had
> repeated fails--Dbus & Hal (at least the versions that 2.10 wants) would
> not build--I've got a copy of 2.8 & it seems to be building ok--anything
> I should know about it?? Anything I should change in the config?
>
> THANKS!!
> Dean
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net