OT - sentence separators (was: Re: bookmarks and where to file them)

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Tue Apr 12 10:00:42 MDT 2005

Dean,

I'm curious which language or communication uses '--' instead of '.' to
separate one sentence from another.

As far as I'm concerned you can use '--', but I must admit they confuse me
when reading them in normal e-mails. I always expect to find an inline remark
-which I use dashes for- and not a new sentence.

The dashes remind me of morse code.

Or am I the only one seeing dashes, and is it a problem with my
configuration ?

Cheers,

Geert Jan