Yellow Dog 4.01 Install Freezes on G3

Gino Passarelli alien_creep at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 01:46:16 MDT 2005

I have a G3 lombard 450MHZ, 320MB Memory, DVD ROM, and when i try to install
after typing install at the boot menu, it goes thru its normal process and
after it trys to invoke anacoda, the system freezes with a white solid line
in the left top corner of the screen. I am able to do a text based install,
but after rebooting of the HDD, the same problem occurs. Yellow Dog 4.0
install was no prob and the reason for the upgrade was the sound. Any reason
why this is occuring and a fix would be much appreciated. I have also used
the install option "install mediacheck" and the cd pass's the test.