cron.weekly

Drew Lane drew.lane at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 29 11:39:24 MDT 2005

Having some trouble with cron.weekly.

I made up a very simple script to backup my web directory
using tar and put it in the cron.weekly directory so that it would
make a weekly backup.

The script is executable and works if I run it manually.

Thing is, it doesn't seem to be running from cron.weekly.

I checked /var/log/cron and I don't see it listed.

It should have run by now, as I did this a couple of weeks ago.

crontab looks like this:

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# run-parts
01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
22 4 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
42 4 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

script looks like this:

tar -zcpf /mnt/jaz/www.tar.gz /var/www -X exclude

What else should I check?  Could it be a path problem?

Regards,

Drew