evo-1.4 & 26July upgrades...

Joseph E. Sacco, PhD joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 14:31:11 MDT 2005

There is always the possibility that something gets overwritten/replaced
when upgrading a large number of packages.

I took the next logical step on removing and reinstalling evo-1.4.6 &
evo-devel-1.4.6.  I have not seen a crash or the snotty "bad
certificate" message in the past 20 minutes. Why is that???

On of two things comes to mind:
(1) whatever was overwritten by the YUM upgrades has been replaced.
(2) reinstalling ran some post-install script that effected the
environment.

Hmmm... Let's look at (2)

        rpm -qp --scripts evolution-1.4.6-2.ydl.1.ppc.rpm
        warning: evolution-1.4.6-2.ydl.1.ppc.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID aeb6b9 c4
        postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
        /sbin/ldconfig
        export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
        SCHEMAS="apps_evolution_addressbook.schemas apps_evolution_calendar.schemas apps _evolution_shell.schemas apps_evolution_summary.schemas evolution-mail.schemas"
        for S in $SCHEMAS; do
          gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/$S > /dev/null
        done
        scrollkeeper-update
        postuninstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
        /sbin/ldconfig
        scrollkeeper-update

Ah... GNOME gconf voodoo. Maybe, maybe not...

Let's send this message and see...

==> evo crashes. No..., that's not it.
Another restart and send attempt brings up the snotty "bad certificate"
dialog.  Accepting the unsigned certificate sends the message on its
way.

-Joseph

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 16:02, Owen Stampflee wrote:
> Weird, I havent experienced either problem.
>
> Evolution <= version 1.4 was always a bit buggy, hopefully the stuff in
> YDL 4.1 works alot nicer.

joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net