ydl-g] Re: pine: was: Re: JOB POSTING: Application Evangelist

Christopher Murtagh chris at saraswati.wcg.mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 10 10:25:36 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 12:08 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> which issue (the license) I intentionally did not address.

 But the license is the reason why it is being dropped and my whole
point. The license is a serious problem for a distro that wants to be
able to guarantee a certain level of security - something you cannot do
if the licenses of the 3rd parties forbids you from distributing fixes
that the user can use (I don't consider patches an acceptable solution
for anything other than gentoo).

> and by the way, -- if you are going to quote me, please quote
> fairly.  I had initially added the playful:
>
> > /me ducks and dons asbestos suit ...
>
> because I knew it was flamebait.
>
> source:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/rpm-list/2001-November/msg00059.html

 Sorry, you're quite right here. I thought I had included the URL there.
As to it being flamebait, sometimes the truth hurts. ;-)

Cheers,

Chris