[ydl-gen] OT?? Hardware question : b;inkety-blink

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:50:14 MDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Brian Wood <beww1 at mac.com> wrote:
> Agreed about the on-screen widget being better. I get this with Windoze
> running under VirtualPC, as well as net activity, USB and other devices.
> Of course this is more important because real hangs with Windows are
> *not* rare, and the blinding speed of VirtualPC makes one wonder some
> times if you have hung or not :-)
>
> Anyway, the on-topic point of my post was to say that the little LED
> does seem to work normally on an iBook under YDL, so the original
> question would seem to not be a YDL issue, although I would be
> interested in the answer to it.

I have the suspicious feeling that beartooth may be running another
variant of Linux but cannot be sure without confirmation from
beartooth.

PS Is there a way to get such a widget for OS X networking? I find
that OS X 10.3 + networking is a less than satisfactory experience at
the moment (my OS X install has slowly accumulated so much gunk that I
think it's time for a re-install... maybe I'll go to 10.4).

Eric.