Fwd: Re: [ydl-gen] hardware probing and external firewire disk

Bill Mueller bmueller at terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 2 08:47:09 MST 2005

I don't have the syntax on me, but check out
somewhere in /etc/sysconfig/hwconfig for any line
related to fw (may be listed as 1394). Remove any
lines and re-run kudzu (or reboot).

Sometimes multiple entries get added and confuses the
HW probe.

-Bill

http://YDL.net - The online community for Yellow Dog Linux users

----- End forwarded message -----