[ydl-gen] Re: HFS+ mount is read only -- how to make RW? (YDL 4.0.1)

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Fri Dec 2 09:12:18 MST 2005

Jeff,

> Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:33:08 -0700
> From: Jeffrey Paul Burger <jeff at sedona.net>

> I too am having trouble writing to my HFS partition under YDL 4.0.1. Read is
> fine.

Not sure what your trouble is, but it could be with the uid.  HFS
doesn't have the same ownership/permissions structure and the default
is that only root can write, but you can change this with mount
options such as user, umask, uid, etc.

> Also, being a newbie, how do I invoke this mount process automatically when
> booting into Linux?

Just add a line to /etc/fstab.  See "man fstab" for details.

Ray