[ydl-gen] Creating a clone boot disk

peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 09:43:57 MST 2005

I have got a system disk which is starting to fail and I am trying to
create
a clone of it so that I don't have to start from scratch with installing
from the CDs
and applying all the patches and configuration that I need.

I have created the partition table using pdisk and restored all the files
onto
the corresponding partitions and the partitions have the correct
filesystems
on ie sda2 is HFS, sda3 and sda5 are ext3.

I used ybin to 'bless' the boot directory,

ybin -v -b /dev/sdb2  (new disk was installed in the second slot)

When I try to boot from this disk, it gets past the first stage but then
failed when it tried to load the second stage bootstrap.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get it to load the second stage?

I really don't want to have to recompile my kernel etc all over agin if I
don't have to.

Thanks,

Peter

The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.