Prism3 USB dongle and YDL3.01 - Need kernel building help

Brian McKee besomethingelse at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 09:06:53 MST 2005

Hi All

	Sorry to start a new thread - I'm at the wrong computer presently.
So,  I tried to build linux-wlan-ng with my existing YDL 3.01 setup,
stock 2.4.22g kernel.   The make bombs out with
"The present kernel configuration has modules disabled"
So, I guess I need a new kernel after all.

I tried the src.rpm for the 2.6.9.1 used in YDL4 but that looks
like it'll lead me into a bunch of dependency issues.

I tried the 2.4.29 kernel (prebuilt) from ppckernel.org, but I can't
figure out how to install it - there is no initrd.img file in /boot
Can someone tell me how to get it/what I'm missing?  and if that
kernel is configured properly already for both module support and
regular YDL options?

All comments appreciated

Brian

--
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history."
  -- George Bernard Shaw