How to rebuild MOL

steve s s_sandrussi at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:42:20 MST 2005

Hey all

Would anyone be able to tell me how to do:

*step 2 (or step 4, there are two step 2s)

apply alloc_h.patch

*step 3 (or step 5, there are two step 5s) (I have the 2.6.9-1.ydl.8 kernel,
does that mean i need to do this step?)

apply sheep.patch *only* if you are using linux-2.6 kernel headers, i.e.,
you changed /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm. If you have
not updated the kernel include files that came with YDL-4.0, you do not
need to apply this patch.

*step 5 (uncomment? do yo mean get rid of the "" marks?)

edit mol-0.9.71-config
uncomment CONFIG_TAP and CONFIG_SHEEP

I am a newbie so please understand. I havent been able to get MOL to work in
this release and YDL 3. I gave up because i got a error or module missing
when i tested the istallation like it says to on the MOL web site and the
solution to the problem was no where to be found.  I only found two other
people with the same problem like me.

Thanks