Resizing part. won't work!

a monkey the.only.monkey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:56:44 MST 2005

I just bought a brand new eMac - 1.25 GHZ, ATI Radeon 9200 video
card... real nice machine. As soon as I got it, I thought, "I can't
wait to install Yellow Dog on this baby!". Well, I did the usual - got
out my Gentoo LiveCD, got to the patched version of parted, and typed
"resize 3 128.031 bla". On my old Mac, it worked fine. But I got an
error saying that the mount point could not be found, or it was
unavailable, or something similar. Very strange. Can anybody tell me
how to resize my HFS partition, and why I can't resize it the usual
way?

Thanks,
the monker