[OT] Who can beat xboard?

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 11:07:27 MST 2005

Hmmm... Yet another package I worked on in my childhood...

You can restrict the number of moves the chess engine will look ahead
and give yourself a fighting chance [:-)]:

-depth or -searchDepth number
        Tells the chess engine to look ahead at most the given number of
        moves when searching for a move to make. Without this option,
        the chess engine chooses  its search depth based on the number
        of moves and amount of time remaining until the next time
        control. With the option, the engine will cut off its search
        early if it reaches the specified depth.

-Joseph

joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net