Its not 'multi tasking' anymore? LONG

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 13 16:14:58 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 17:51, Cian Duffy wrote:

At least I have a choice.
A) go back to YD3 and do my best to install the YD4 parts I like the
most.
b) Continue running in circles ?:-/

I actually installed the 'latest' 2.4 kernel from TSS (2.4.22g) in YD4
and found this not worthy as I did noticed not much improvements. As for
XFree vs Xorg. I am sceptic since Xorg have better driver-side support
from ATY than XFree. I prefer Xorg for that matter. My problem lies
somewhere else. Its deep and IT happen AFTER some uptime then manifest
very early in the startup process. Its always here, no matter online or
offline. Maybe its the INIT thingy.

PS: Just for experimentation's sack, I did 'yum erase xorg-x11' and
found KDE as well as all my gdm-theme rpms as dependencies...but not
GNOME either XFce either Enlightenment and so on.. Im even more puzzled
?:-/