Its not 'multi tasking' anymore? LONG

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 13 18:02:49 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 19:39, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:

If only I knew what I really need as services and what not.

chkconfig --list | grep 5:on
... revealed these as running
mouse-emulation, atd, iptables, sshd, ip6tables, random, spamassassin,
portmap, ipchains, xinetd, messagebus, gpm, privoxy, syslog, network,
autofs, crond, anacron, xfs, sysstat

Which one would you keep enabled? I don't run any servers. I have no
plan for file sharing. I access the net with a modem cable thru DHCP
(?!?!). Do I need a service for that?

Sooo many ????, heh