FireFox

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Mon Feb 14 19:28:44 MST 2005

Eric Dunbar wrote:
> Hello all, is firefox part of YDL 4? I've examined the contents of my
> four YDL 4.0 install CDs and couldn't find any references to firefox
> (& my update doesn't seem to have installed a functioning firefox... I
> removed the 0.93 version that had been installed from FreshRPMs).
>
>Funny this is the first message I've received since I installed YDL4 and
reactivated my YDL subscriptions. I've been trying to get it to instlall
and ./firefox-installer yields "cannot execute binary file" message.
Firefox is not in the YDL packages. I downloaded it. I wonder if it is
incompatible with PPC versions of Linux??? The download site says 'i686
Linux' It would seem as though  it would work though since Mozilla does.

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA

Politics is the second oldest profession. I realize it bears a very
close resemblance to the first.