[OT] Editing menus revisited

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 21:15:07 MST 2005

#3 and 4 is the problem. The kitchen sink philosophy of building
operating systems is a failure -- Windows is a pitiful OS, and, when
you look at what are the rising stars in the OSS *nix world, it seems
that the distros that eschew the kitchen sink in favour of a simple
tap and wash bucket make up a disproportionately large portion of the
heavens.

Although I like YDL, I do have to admit that I was quite taken aback
by the clutter that I found in the menus in YDL 4 when I recently
experimented with it (after having not used YDL as a desktop machine
for quite some time... it's my server OS). I do like the direction
that GNOME 2.9 is going -- it seems there's a push to simplify things
(long overdue IMNSHO), although, that might simply be the design
philosophy of the over-lying distro.

Eric.