[HELP]: YD 4.0 and iMAC G5 NIC....

Chris Bshaw cwbshaw at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 03:07:50 MST 2005

Hi...

Thanx for the info.

If I buy YDL 4.0.1, does it come with a kernel source which will fully
support iMAC G5 (or at least the basic hardware (hard drive, NIC, screen,
keyboard, mouse) and which I can customize and build for myself?

Or better still is there a kernel source available which supports the iMAC
G5 which I can download for free?

What I am really trying to do is build a static (no modules kernel) which I
can use to boot a G5 completely off the net (i.e. boot enet:,yaboot, and
then the kernel does DHCP and mounts NFS root).

I don't need any fancy features....I am using this to make an image of the
hard disk so I can clone my master G5 onto other G5's (I am already doing
this for G4's), so as long as the kernel supports the basic hardware, that
will do me just fine.

Thanx in advance.

Chris.