Now stuck on 3.0.1, 4.0 said 'no'

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 16 14:30:58 MST 2005

huh.. I decided it was time to re-partition my disks in order to get
ready for 4.0.1 and leave some room for the possibility to install some
other distros in parallel.. I always used burned ISOs for 4.0
installations but now, since I have bought the full boxset, I tried with
the official CDs but they just wont work. It mount loop0
/mnt/source/YellowDog/something.img fd is 16 then umount it right after
and complain there is no CD in the drive. No FTP/HTTP/CDROM install
possible. NFS is out-of-sight. I've hit this dialog a few times with the
ISOs but a simple hit on the 'OK' button usually make it goes. The
'real' CDs never worked... even after 50+ 'OK' hit.

 Im both crying and laughing. I recall YD3 is used to be rock solid and
speedy, you know.. In the install i am currently on, YDL3, well.. thats
SAD to say but its NOT what its used to be. Its all crap for my eyes. I
fear to print my real thoughts in here but I have regrets about how I've
spend my money... There is a trick. There must be one. Out of nothing,
yum say 'Not using FTP or HTTP for servers - aborting. The localhost
name vanished and substituted for something real weird like
12J1F2512G45FH4JG5FJ4H5F1 (keyboard vomit) What shall I be thinking of
this? Something is different every time I re-install. I missed YD3 speed
but as it is right now, on a bare Personal Desktop install...haaaaa..a
full fledge YD4 look like a speed demon. Its never been that weird.
There is no focus. No consistency. Its in a loop, a subtle prison. How
is that so? Why do I have such thoughts?!? What about something that
actually work, CONSISTANTLY? ..because 'its free'?!? Then, thats sick.
How is that possible unless someone make this happen?
What do f**k am I doing here anyway?!?