Installing YDL 4 / 2nd HD

Joshua Wehner josh.wehner at ultratec.com
Fri Feb 18 15:00:42 MST 2005

Hi --

I'm a YDL newbie, but I have some linux experience. I am trying to
install YDL with /home mounted on a 2nd (larger) IDE HD.

I am having a strange problem getting YDL to work with my b&w G3. I
have a second IDE HD (which I've tested in OS 8.6, it works). When I
try to partition it with disk druid/anaconda, I get a pop-up
"Input/output error on /dev/hdb" which then seems to halt installation.

I can get around the problem by telling YDL to ignore that drive
entirely.

But then, the drive isn't usable in YDL after installation. I'm not
stuck on doing it in the installer, but I can't find/figure out which
utility to use to format and mount that drive, once YDL is up.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

-- joshua