Is an NFS install supposed to work with 4.0.1?

Keith Mitchell kamitch at cisco.com
Sat Feb 19 22:50:14 MST 2005

I've been trying to do an install via NFS on 4.0.1 and not having any
success.  I have tried with both static IP and DHCP and still it doesn't
work.  I type in all of the correct mount information and it just tells
me "Unable to mount directory".  None of the other vtys reveal any
information as to why the mount failed and at this point in the install
there is no shell started yet so I can't try to mount it by hand to see
what the result is.

I did get the system installed by FTP and can mount the nfs volume then
(once the system is installed) without any problems though I do see a
warning message when I mount the volume: "mount version older than
kernel".  Could this warning message be related to my install over nfs
problem?

Thanks.

--
Keith Mitchell                         |        |         |
kamitch at cisco.com                      |       :|:       :|: