Some generic Linux tips -- Debian & RH

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 09:48:34 MST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:22:58 -0600, Clinton MacDonald <clint.macdonald@> wrote:
> Eric Dunbar wrote:
> > Hi, found an interesting site with a variety of neat tips
> > on Linux "basics" (not-so-basic basics ;):
> >
> > http://www.laclinux.com/en/LAC_HOWTO
>
> Thanks! This looks like a useful, one-page How-To guide on several
> things I have questioned. Nice catch.

You can thank GMail's *paid* advertising for that one, believe it or
not. I have to say that 95% of the time I click on the "related" (but
unsponsored) links, but once in a while a sponsored one looks
interesting (I guess it's only fair, they're providing me with
excellent e-mail service for free _and_ they're being very decent and
modest with their advertising... probably much more effective at
catching my eyeballs than the flashy graphics crap that you see on
99.9% of sites out there).

Eric.