Rescue mode

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 06:49:49 MST 2005

Charles,

Assuming your disk has not been completely trashed,  it sounds like the
rescue sequence is not mounting your linux installation.

Try this...
Once the rescue sequence has completed and the system is operating off
the ramdisk, use the "mount" command to manually mount each of your
partitions under /mnt. If that works,  you can then run chroot and
repair fstab.

-Joseph

joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net