Installing 4.0 on Xserve G5

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:15:30 MST 2005

You need the Xserve G5 version of YDL, contact YDL support directly
for pricing information as that version of YDL is not free but is what
you need

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:51:34 +0000, Arnór Kristjánsson <addi at bhs.is> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hunting for a good distro to host apache+php+mysql+moodle and it so
> happens that there is a moodle package for YDL.
>
> So off I went and downloaded yellowdog-4.0-orion-20041107-install1.iso
> and booted my brand-spanking new Xserve G5 (2x2.3GHz). After I
> selecting a boot option (install-g5, install-g5 text or
> install-g5-safe) the installer hangs with various errors:
>
> Failed to load module "glx"...
> Failed to load module "record"...
> Error opening security policy file ....
>
> Do I need 4.0.1 to boot these machines?
>
> A.

my website: http://www.johnscompany.net, premium hosting and much much
more coming soon so check back often...the topsites and guestbook is
back! check out johnscompany.net for more info