[Somewhat OT] The Hunt for YDL

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:39:06 MST 2005

I've managed to nuke my YDL4 install by... I'm not sure actually, 10
years on/off UNIX experience left me baffled. Reinstall time...

I bought YDL4 twice, as I'm always losing discs. However, I donated
one set of disks (the Geek Edition) to the Haiku project (OpenBeOS) as
they needed Linux for PPC to do their kernel development from - gcc on
OSX refuses to compile their kernel. Not to worry, I still had the
CD's in the box. Apparently.

Not there. Nice, shiny white box containing a manual, an install
guide, a sticker and... no CD's. Checked my office, nothing. Nothing
around my normal PC usage area, or the machine in my bedroom.

Three entire days later I've found them. On top of the speakers of my
stereo, somewhere I'm sure I checked first. Unopened, so its not like
someone borrowed it. Reinstalling now.

Is there any chance theres some sort of anti-YDL filter in my brain
after using U****u on x86 :-p

Cian