usb infos, gtkam & kinfocenter

Krischan Keitsch keitsch at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 24 15:28:49 MST 2005

Hello

I'm running ydl 4 on an iBook G3 800MHz and yumed it to the latest updates
avaible for non-ydl-enhanced-net-users. Works okay for me – except that I
noticed that something is wrong with the usb support.

An attached usb keyboard and mouse work great. So does a usb drive. But the
kinfocenter does not show any informations anymore. Also gtkam does not
interact with my digital camera via the usb cable any more.

It would be easy to blame TSS (hey – I came crawling back on my knees to ydl 4
after playing with other ppc distros ;-) but I also have to admit that I like
to “optimize” my box up to an extend that leads nowhere. To say it in one
word: it is likely to be my fault. However I don't know where to search!
Proc, sysfs are mountet.

So, in case you have a hint for me – let me know! Thanks!

Krischan