YDL install problems on a B&W G3

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Feb 24 23:41:10 MST 2005

You did mention that you tried putting the CD drive on the IDE connection
on the motherboard, but you failed to mention which IDE connection on the
motherboard you used (there are two), so that was still the most likely
cause. However, if Cmd-Opt-O-F (not Ctrl-Opt-O-F) fails to bring up OF,
the machine might not be registering your keystroke on boot. Evidently
this can happen on the B&W even with the stock keyboard. Some people have
had better luck with ADB keyboards. Did the Darwin CD boot by you typing
"boot cd:,\\:tbxi" in OF, or by another method?