Rescue mode

Charles Trois charles.trois at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 25 01:46:43 MST 2005

yellowdog-general-request at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com a écrit :
> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:49:49 -0500
> From: "Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D." <joseph_sacco at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: Rescue mode
>
> Assuming your disk has not been completely trashed,  it sounds like the
> rescue sequence is not mounting your linux installation.
>
> Try this...
> Once the rescue sequence has completed and the system is operating off
> the ramdisk, use the "mount" command to manually mount each of your
> partitions under /mnt. If that works,  you can then run chroot and
> repair fstab.

Yes. I tried something (speaking from memory) like
mount -t ext3 /dev/hda13 /mnt/sysimage
and it seemed that the complete system was there, but it was not; in
particular, the /etc/fstab file appeared to be empty.

My conclusion was that the disk was damaged beyond repair, and I saw no
issue but reinstall YDL from scratch, which I have now done.

Thanks for your interest.

Charles