mySQL and phpbb

Zach Shuford zshuford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:28:15 MST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:57:17 -0500, B1smooth <b1smooth at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey Zach,
>
> What version of phpBB are you using? Your problem stems from that fact
> that you don't have a db created (you also NEED a unique key)

The very latest.  Downloaded it today.

> You should either install phpMyAdmin, make a database then insert the
> sql tables from the supplied sql file with in the phpbb directory.
>
> Or you can do it all at the command line which I know you have no
> inclination to do. It's actually very easy. I need to jog my memory on
> phpbb because I am no where near a pc. I have 8 phpbb sites for personal
> and misc uses.
>
> Well I'll get back to you in 10 to 15 minutes
> (Sitting in an airport in Saint Louis)

Thanks a ton.  I really don't mind doing it from the command line,
actually.  I'm having fun learning to use it, and it may be requred,
since for some reason my monitor goes into power save mode whenever I
try to log in as root.  Therefore, I've been doing everything from the
terminal.  Anyway, I thought originally that mySQL and the php modules
were stuff that ran in the background.  Stuff I didn't have to really
worry about if I installed them.  Turns out I don't know what I'm
doing. :)   I don't mind doing the work, but honestly, I'm feeling a
bit overwhelmed.  The mySQL documentation is... ah, intimidating.  I'm
trying to read through it now, but, well, I'd like a simple
explanation if there is one.