mySQL and phpbb

Zach Shuford zshuford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:07:40 MST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:55:31 -0500, Zach Shuford <zshuford at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:41:49 -0500, Terry Richards
> <sn00per1 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > there is a part on installing first user or some such
> >
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/default-privileges.html
> >
> > :-)^2

Also, when I tried to change the root password, I got the error:

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to locak MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I checked out the mysql directory, and it doesn't look like there's a
file in there called mysql.sock (which I assume there should be).  In
fact, there's nothing in there.  I assume I've once again skipped
ahead and there's something I should have done earlier...